JOB SUMMARY: Individuals assigned to positions in this class are responsible for providing psychiatric/mental health care. The Board of Nursing requires that the PMH-APRN perform duties according to the national standards for advance practice registered nurses.
ORGANIZATIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the mission, vision and philosophy of VCHC as evidenced by compliance with all organizational policies and procedures.
- Supports all functions that attain and maintain compliance with regulatory or funding agencies.
- Supports and facilitates positive interaction with others as evidenced by: professional maturity, respect for others, a team-centered approach, maintenance of confidential information and an appreciation of a variety of view points and diversity in the workplace.
- Exhibits effective communication skills, including proper use of agency communication systems.
- Participates in appropriate professional development programs to attain and maintain role competency.
- Supports the strategic plan of VCHC as evidenced by a working knowledge of the plan and participation in completing elements of the plan.
- Support the business and clinical plans of VCHC as evidenced by a working knowledge of the plan and participation in completing elements of the plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct psychiatric evaluations.
- Construct psychiatric and medical histories.
- Determine priority of psychiatric and medical treatment.
- Initiate psychiatric treatment including prescriptions for medication.
- Order and perform laboratory tests.
- Provide preventative mental health care and education.
- Provide individual supportive and crisis related counseling or intervention.
- May be required to perform related administrative duties.
- Provide written documentation of treatment service.
- Provide consultative service to other staff.
- May provide limited supervision of other personnel.
- May be required to perform various other duties commonly assigned to positions at this level and within the scope of practice for a PMH-APRN.