Position Summary: To provide effective, efficient and appropriate radiology and phlebotomy services to NCHC patients in order to serve the community’s healthcare needs.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluation new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Protects patients and staff by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; developing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
- Documents patient care services by entering data in the EHS system and department records
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Complies with federal, state and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Participates in provider and medical care team meetings.
- Performs as an active member of the medical team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
.Education and/or Experience:
Completion of an accredited radiology technician program. Associates Degree preferred. Or completion of an accredited Limited X-ray Operators course.
License and / or Certification: Current certification by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists ARRT or current North Dakota licensure as a Radiologic Technologist, or current verification of completion of Limited X-ray Operators course.
- Current CPR certification required
- Valid North Dakota Driver’s License
- Current Immunization Records
- Current PPD
- Must be able to meet and maintain current NCHC credentialing and privileging requirements