Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the Dental Director, the Dentist is responsible for administering, maintaining, and expanding a program of primary (and in selected cases, secondary) care and preventive dental care in a community health center setting.
Supervision Exercised: Provides team leadership to Dental Staff
- Performs quality clinical and radiographic evaluations to diagnose and treat diseases of the oral cavity.
- Promotes oral health by providing educational information on all phases of preventive and restorative dentistry and oral hygiene.
- Reviews and follows all dental clinic protocols, policies, and procedures
- Documents and follows treatment plans that include appropriate preventive and restorative therapy.
- Manage medical/dental history with a comprehensive evaluation of the patient's general health.
- Address all contra-indications pertaining to treatment and identify patient's chief complaint or reason for visit.
- Maintain the baseline radiographs and any other radiographs necessary to diagnose and treatment plan the case.
- Skill in providing excellent customer service and support; organizing and prioritizing workload and meeting deadlines; and excellent written and verbal communication.
- Skill in administering, maintaining, and expanding a program of primary (and in selected instances, secondary) care and preventive dental care in a community health care setting.
- Treatment should include but not be limited to the following: elimination of pain, removal of carious lesions, restorative, periodontics, endodontics, prosthodontics, and oral surgery.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with persons from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, education, racial, ethnic and professional backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively with managers, co-workers, members of the public and professional groups.
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, concisely with others (internal and external customers, both verbally and in writing), consistently demonstrate positive/proactive customer service attitude. Consistently maintains ethical behaviors exemplary of quality public service and fair standards, inclusively, among all employees and members of the public.
- Ability to work as an effective team member; function independently, exercise sound judgment and initiative; be flexible to shift priorities; maintain confidentiality; establish and maintain effective interpersonal work relationships, effectively assist providers; work toward goals and objectives of draft priorities.
- Ability to follow NCHC Clinic practice guidelines – including adhering to the NCHC immunization policy and the NCHC Mission and Vision and NCHC Corporate Compliance Policy.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback including evaluation of provider’s productivity and practice attributes.
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to participation on clinical committees, providing education, Quality Review and/or other activities.
- Ability to perform each position responsibility satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Ability to understand that safety is a condition of employment. Unsafe acts or conditions will be reported to the supervisor or Site Coordinator.
- Must be computer literate with ability to enter information in the NCHC EHS system and compile reports or data as requested.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent plus licensed to practice as a dentist in the State of North Dakota DDS or DMD (a degree in dentistry)
License and/or Certification:
- Licensed to practice in the State of North Dakota
- Current CPR certification required
- Valid North Dakota Driver’s License
- Current Immunization Records
- Current PPD
- Must be able to meet and maintain current NCHC credentialing and privileging requirements.
- Must be willing to travel between NCHC health centers. Must be willing to work evening hours and weekends if necessary.
Appearance Standards: This position shall follow the appearance standards as outlined in the NCHC Personnel Appearance Policy